Friday, February 13, 2009

News of the Arcane.
We've been inundated with machinery of late. Excavators and bulldozers and dump trucks and, as the mother of a toddler-boy, I can tell you the difference between a backhoe, a front-end loader and an excavator without batting an eye. It's this kind of arcane knowledge that keeps my wits sharp, I'm sure.
Oh? And please don't ask me to explain the Nemo outfit. It was chilly out so little Q. decided this would be a more logical choice of apparel than, say, a cardigan.


The local pond is being dredged, which has provided us with a series of late afternoons of entertainment. The smell, not so good, but the sights are, apparently, riveting.
Also, this gives the brood the opportunity to collect stones. For their stone-and-stick collection which is slowly building up in our suburban front yard. A vision I'm sure the neighbors appreciate. Aherm.

No comments: