Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Friends came calling!!!!!
Before you cringe, yes, the announcement that Real Live Adult Humans came to visit me IS worthy of at least four exclamation points. So, nyah.
The one thing I look forward to when Other Adults come for a visit is, well, Adult Conversation. No, no, not "Adult" conversation, you gutter-minds, I simply mean the linguistically and contextually mature and gratifying exchange of ideas, concepts and knowledge with friendly faces.

Also, the opportunity to indulge in scurrilous gossip.

So one wonders, then, how I managed, in a roomful of adults, to bring up the subject of poo. Am I sooooo saturated in Mommyhood - that world of spit-up, laundry, dishwashing, lullabies and yes, dammit, yes, POO - that it seeps out, unbidden at any and all opportunities? I'm trying to remember how it happened. I know we were discussing writing - dissertation writing, to be exact - and I suppose I provided the brilliantly insightful metaphor that SOMETIMES, when you're writing it all feels like you're producing, um, poo. Now, to mangle the metaphor further, I went on to point out that SOMETIMES you feel like the poo ought to be flushed immediately, because it is stinky and nasty and unredemable, while OTHER poo is lovely and useful and necessary, in order to make roses bloom and corn fields florish. Et Cetera, painful et cetera.

You see why I need more Adult Conversation in my life?
I'm just sayin'.
Thanks Heather, Dwayne, Shannon and Sam - and, uh, apologies for the Poo.

No comments: